Hello everybody, it’s John, welcome to my recipe site. Today, we’re going to make a distinctive dish, coconut walnut bread pudding. It is one of my favorites food recipes. For mine, I am going to make it a bit tasty. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
Coconut Walnut Bread Pudding is one of the most popular of current trending meals on earth. It is easy, it is fast, it tastes yummy. It is enjoyed by millions every day. Coconut Walnut Bread Pudding is something that I’ve loved my entire life. They are nice and they look fantastic.
To begin with this particular recipe, we must first prepare a few components. You can cook coconut walnut bread pudding using 16 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to make Coconut Walnut Bread Pudding:
- Make ready Bread base:
- Make ready 5-6 cups cubed brioche bread
- Prepare 1/4 cup whole walnuts (will be roasted and roughly chopped)
- Get Custard mix:
- Get 1 1/2 cups Milk
- Make ready 1/2 cup heavy cream
- Make ready 4 large eggs
- Get 1/2 cup sweetened shredded coconut
- Take 1/8 cup white sugar
- Get 2 tsp vanilla extract
- Prepare 1 tsp salt
- Get Butter drizzle topping:
- Prepare 2 tbsp butter
- Take 1/2 tbsp white sugar
- Take Optional topping:
- Take 2 tbsp milk chocolate chips
Instructions to make Coconut Walnut Bread Pudding:
- Grease a 9 x 13 inch glass baking pan with butter. - Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Gently cut the brioche bread into 1 inch cubes, about half of a loaf makes 5-6 cups worth. - Place evenly into the pan.
- Measure 1/4 cup of walnuts and spread them evenly onto a baking sheet. - Roast at 350 degrees for 5-7 minutes, stirring halfway, until browned. - Cool slightly, then chop them roughly. - Reserve 1/4 of the nuts for the top of the pudding, toss the rest with the bread cubes.
- Mix together the milk, heavy cream, eggs, white sugar and vanilla extract in a large measuring cup. Mix until well blended. - Add the shredded coconut into the mix, mix well.
- Microwave the butter until melted and whisk in the 1/2 tbsp white sugar.
- Evenly pour the custard mix over the bread cubes. - Top with remaining walnuts, drizzle butter topping over the top.
- Let stand for at least 30 minutes (up to an hour) to absorb liquid.
- Top with chocolate chips right before putting it in the oven. - Bake at 350 degrees for 30-45 minutes, until top is browned and custard is set.
- Let cool for 20 minutes and cut into 8-10 pieces.
So that’s going to wrap this up for this special food coconut walnut bread pudding recipe. Thanks so much for reading. I am sure you can make this at home. There’s gonna be interesting food in home recipes coming up. Don’t forget to save this page in your browser, and share it to your family, colleague and friends. Thanks again for reading. Go on get cooking!